PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE FILLING UP THE FORM:
- Lectures given by the Council’s Distinguished Lecturers are meant to be public events given at local IEEE Sections and Chapters, or at public venues like universities, companies, high schools, and science fairs.
- Funding will not be given to provide lectures as part of the program of a conference or meeting (i.e., workshops, symposia, colloquiums) that charges registration fees.
- IEEE travel policies must be followed, as per IEEE travel policy and guidelines (i.e., economy class airfare and other requirements).
- Priority for trips is given to events at IEEE Sensors Council Chapters and Sections (current or potential). Funding for non-IEEE events may be allowed, on a case-by-case basis and with the approval of the DL Committee Chair.
- Guidance for travel expenses: up to $1,500 per domestic trip and $2,500 per overseas trip and per year, with the limit for the 3-year term of $4,500 in case of solely domestic trips and $7,500 of solely overseas trips. All air travel is to be Economy Class. Local community expense sharing is highly encouraged and expected.
- Every lecture trip is to be coordinated with the DL Committee Chair well in advance prior to the planned lecture and DL shall seek approval from the DL Committee Chair for any trip. If the travel is not preapproved, then the DL may not be eligible for the travel reimbursement.
Questions about the Council’s DL Program can be addressed to the DL Committee Chair (email@example.com) with copy to Brooke Johnson, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THIS FORM.