Sensors Council Standards Committee (SC-SC) is formed in 2017 with a purpose of developing standards in sensors domain.
- Chair: Gerard Hayes
- Vice Chair: Troy Nagle
Currently there are three standards in the process of development. These are:
- P1451-99: Harmonization of IoT Devices & Systems
- P2520: Standard for testing machine olfaction devices and systems
- P2510: Harmonization of Industrial Sensors
P1451-99: Harmonization of IoT Devices & Systems
- Primary sponsor: Instrument and Measurement Society
- Co-Sponsors: Sensors Council & Industrial Electronics Society
- PAR status: Approved on 12 July 2016
Chair: William Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice Chair: Kang Lee
Secretary: Victor Huang
Use Cases (led by Dr. Gopalakrishna Kuppa):
- Building Automation – HVAC System
- Water harnessing in Ganga river basin, treatment and distribution to Varanasi (India) Smart City
- Primary sponsor: Sensors Council
- Co-Sponsors: Industrial Electronics Society
- PAR status: Approved on 21-Mar-2019
Chair: Susan Schiffman
Secretary: H. Troy Nagle
Ehsan Danesh et al.
(about 20 listed members with 10 to 12 being most active. Several members are officers of ISOCS (International Society for Olfaction and Chemical Sensing). One of them is considered to be one of the founders of the eNose field.)
P2520 standard has expanded into 6 sections.
- Primary Sponsor: Sensors Council
- PAR: Approved on 15 June 2017 (it is further under modification, changing the PAR type from a Standard to a Recommended Practice.)
Study Group members
Certification program is led by Ravi Subramaniam.
We solicit your suggestions/thoughts on:
- Standards Gap Analysis
- Emerging focus areas and possible standardisation verticals
Queries, suggestions, thoughts about the Sensors Council’s Standards Program can be addressed to the SC-SC Chair Gerard Hayes (email@example.com), Troy Nagle (firstname.lastname@example.org) with copy to Brooke Johnson (email@example.com).